1. What did the colonists have to do in order to regain the rights of the use of their harbor?
2. What committee did Samuel Adams create and lead to oppose the Coercive Acts?
3. What Act forced colonists to take in soldiers of the British Army, and why would this have angered many colonists?
4. What did Lord North do in order to "retain the liberty minded?"
5. Name and Explain all the "Coercive Acts."
1. The colonists had to pay for the Tea they threw into the Ocean.
2. Samuel Adams created the "Sons of Liberty."
3. The Quartering Act forced colonists to house and feed the British soldiers. This angered the colonists because they were opposed to the British, and thus housing the "enemy" frustrated them.
4. Lord North dissolved the colonist's ability to hold public assemblies in which to voice their treason like opinions.
5. The four "Coercive Acts" were: The Quartering Act (explained in #3), The Boston Port Bill, which closed the Port of Boston until Tea was paid for, The Massachusetts Bay Regulating Act, which limited the self government of Massachusetts, and the Impartial Administration of Justice Act, which allowed Lord North the ability to move any trial to Britain.