Here is one student's thoughts on courage.
Think about your degree of courage as you answer the following items. 1. Define courage in your own words. 2. List two people you know who are truly courageous, explaining why you think they are. 3. List two of your heroes of the past, explaining the same. 4.Think of a time that you were courageous, explaining why you think so. 5. How would a courageous person handle each of these conflicts? a. A peer is pressuring you to do something you know is wrong, but you like this person and don't want to hurt his or her feelings. What do you say? b. Someone has swam out to far and is screaming for help. You don't know how to swim. What do you do? c. Your parents have grounded you because you got all 70's on your grade card. You are supposed to be studying in your room, forbidden to use the telephone, but the telephone rings and it's your girl/boyfriend. What do you say? d. Nobody likes___________He is a person everyone laughs at. Boy, is he uncool! You feel sorry for_____ What do you do?
If you'd like to comment on any of the above questions, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org that provides information or explanation of your responses. if you want to submit a public opinion poll question of your own, just send it to us, and we'll take a look!
- Which characteristic do you value in a presidential candidate the most?
A) Experience B) Mass Media Appeal C) Good Debater D) Knows The Issues E) Stands Up For One's Beliefs.
- Which of the current candidates do you feel represents the quality of experience? A) Bill Clinton B) Bob Dole C) Pat Buchanan D) Steve Forbes E) Colin Powell
- Which candidate do you feel can be seen as the one who handles the media the best?
A) Clinton B) Dole C) Buchanan D) Forbes E) Powell
- Which of the following issues do you feel the next president will need to deal with as his highest priority?
A) The Budget deficit B) The War In Bosnia C) The Economy D) Pro-Life vs. Pro-choice E) Improving the Education System
- Which of the following Republican Tickets would you like to see win the nomination? A) Dole and Alexander B) Dole and Buchanan C) Dole and Jack Kemp D) Powell and Dole E) Powell and Alexander
- Rate President Clinton's performance during his first term: A) He did an excellent job. B) A Very good job. C) Adequate performance D) An unsatisfactory job. E) "Throw the Bum Out!"
- Which figure of history is the best example of a courageous person?
A) Martin Luther King B) Malcolm X C) Norman Schwarzkopf D) Frederick Douglass E) Susan B. Anthony
- Which figure listed do you feel should be the most respected former president according to activities performed during and after the president's term?
A) Franklin Roosevelt B) Dwight D. Eisenhower C) John Kennedy D) Jimmy Carter E) Ronald Reagan
- Which personality trait do you feel MOST constitutes a courageous leader? A) Stands up for one's beliefs. B) Able to handle criticism. C) Persistence and perseverance. D) Ability to empathize with all people. E) Has the ability to influence large numbers of people.
Thanks for taking part!