Part Two: Fact-Based Questions
1) Name the Senator who was a P.O.W. in Vietnam.
2) Which agricultural product is Texas most known for?
3) In which state was the first atomic bomb tested?
4) Frank Keating is the governor of which state?
5) Which Arizona landmark is suffering from air pollution and overcrowding?
6) Which section of the United States, found south of the Gila River in Arizona, was obtained for $10 million from Mexico? (give the name of the area that was bought in 1853).
7) The people of many Native American tribes were forced into which state on a"trail of tears" in the early 1800's?
8) Anne Richards lost the 1994 gubernatorial race to whom (Texas)?
9) Which city is named after the first president of the Lone Star Republic?
10) What natural resource made Texas rich but helped cause a recession during the late 1900's?
11) Name two states in this region gained by treaty at the end of the Mexican-American War (1848).
12) Name the two states in this region that were the last to enter the Union of the "lower 48 contiguous states."
13) Which state of this region was its own independent republic from 1836 until it became the 28th state in 1845?
14) Give the reason Congress delayed in admitting the state mentioned in answer #13.
15) Sen. Pete Dominici (R-NM) was chairman of which powerful Senate committee?
Extra Credit) Name the 5 largest cities in the United States IN ORDER.
Answers can be found here.