1. The concept that women should get paid the
same amount as men for doing the same job is called what???
|A. Affirmative action||C. Title IX|
|B. Comparable worth||D. Civil Disobedience|
2. The 13th amendment gave all black slaves
|A. Voting Rights||C. Bilingual Education|
|B. Equal Protection||D. Freedom|
3. Who wrote the Emancipation Proclamation?
|A. Thomas Jefferson||C. Abraham Lincoln|
|B. Jefferson Davis||D. Martin Luther King Jr.|
4. Who was the only Supreme Court judge to
rule in favor of Plessy in Plessy v Ferguson?
|A. John Marshall Harlan||C. Thurgood Marshall|
|B. George Washington||D. Samuel Adams|
5. The Plessy v Ferguson court case established what?
|A. Equal Protection Clause||C. Age discrimination|
|B. Separate but Equal is Constitutional||D. Title IX|
6. What did the 19th amendment do?
|A. Gave women full voting rights||C. Abolished poll tax|
|B. Gave black males voting rights.||D. Outlawed liquor|
7. The 14th Amendment included what?
|A. Voting Rights Act||C. Suffrage for Women|
|B. Equal Protection Clause||D. Title IX|
8. What Amendment abolished the Poll Tax?
|A. 13th||C. 16th|
|B. 15th||D. 24th|
9. In what year was the military desegregated?
|A. 1932||C. 1948|
|B. 1950||D. 1941|
10. In what year was the first black White House Assistant
|A. 1952||C. 1932|
|B. 1964||D. 1948|
11. The 15th Amendment gave blacks what right?
|A. Freedom||C. Equal Protection|
|B. Voting||D. Public Schools|
12. Which President signed the Fair Employment Act?
|A. Kennedy||C. Roosevelt|
|B. Johnson||D. Carter|
13. What court case served as a precedent for the racial integration
of public schools?
|A. Plessy v. Ferguson||C. Oklahoma City BOE v. Dowell|
|B. Lau v. Nichols||D. Brown v. BOE of Topeka|
14. In which city did black Americans boycott buses?
|A. Montgomery, Alabama||C. Washington D.C.|
|B. Topeka, Kansas||D. Boston, Mass.|
15. What court case established that blacks are property but
was later over ruled by Plessy v. Ferguson?
|A. Sweatt v. Painter||C. Griffin v. Prince Edward County School Board|
|B. Dred Scott v. Sanford||D. Brown v. BOE of Topeka|
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE COMPLETED OUR QUIZ.
We hope you did well. Fight for equality for all Americans!
BACK TO HOME.
Civil Rights Project Page
To US Government Lessons Plans