Write a definition for each of the following words or write a sentence identifying what the term means.
Answer any questions that may appear at the end of the list.
1) Pg. 10: Migration
4) Pg. 11: Nomads
5) Pg. 13: Culture
7) Pg. 14: Civilization
8) Pp 15-17: Mayas, Aztecs, Incas (list when and where each group of people lived)
9) Pg. 20: Anasazi
10) Pg. 44: Marco Polo
11) Pg. 45: Aryans
12) Pg. 46: Navigation
13) Pg. 52: The Renaissance
14) Pp. 52-53: Prince Henry the Navigator of Portugal
15) Pg. 53: Colony
Things to think about: Please complete in full sentences
1) Pg. 10: why do Native Americans prefer to be called by the name of their tribe rather than by the term Indian?
2) When do scientists believe the first Americans migrated to the Americas?
3) What does an archeologist study? What does an anthropologist study? Look these terms up in the glossary or dictionary to answer the question.
4) Pg. 39: List three major trading kingdoms of Africa.
5) List two contributions the Chinese made to navigation.