Fill in the blanks using this lesson's lecture notes.
CAUSES OF INDUSTRIAL GROWTH AFTER THE CIVIL WAR:
1) The US. had achieved a stable
___________________, which encouraged foreign
countries to invest in
the U.S. ___________________ investment also increased.
2) The U.S. had large amounts of unused land which contained what seemed like an endless supply of ___________________ resources.
3) Westward movement increased mining, cattle, and railroad industries. These industries caused increased ___________________ and movement as well.
4) The ___________________ of the U.S. doubled between 1865 and 1900 from 36 million to 76 million. Natural increases and ___________________ from Europe & Asia created a ___________________ in labor (workers).
EFFECTS OF INDUSTRIALIZATION:
The total goods and services produced by the US
went from $2 Billion in 1865
to $___________________ in 1900, an increase
of over six times.
2) By 1900, 5.5 million people were ___________________ workers.
and Effects] [Big Business]
[Economic and Electric Power]