Fill in the blank:
The World Wide Web is accessible through software called a 1) ____________. There are two browsers that have captured about 95% of the market share:
2) _________________ and Microsofts 3)_________________ __________________. Both programs have evolved into a "suite" or series, of separate programs, each with its own function. The program allows the user to view web pages, send and receive e-mail, transmit information by way of a electronic form, or participate in discussion groups taking place on the 4)_______________________ network.
The document is displayed in the programs 's main display window. If the user encounters a page that uses 5) ____________________, the main viewing window will be divided into a number of smaller windows.
Internet Explorer Netscape Frames Usenet Browser
6) Which menu on the Netscape menu bar is being displayed here?
Questions 7- 12 refer to the image below.
7) Which letter represents the file name of the URL?
8) Which letter shows that the browser is getting the file from a web server?
9) Which letter indicates the Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
10) Which letter shows the protocol that the browser must operate under?
11) Which letter reveals the username or user ID set up by the ISP?
12) Which letter identifies a subdirectory created by the web designer (the user)?
13) Which text-based browser is shown above?
Read the following passage:
Clicking Internet Explorers edit button opens Windows Notepad, a
"plain-vanilla" text editor that displays the raw HTML code of the page. No help
is available for the novice like one receives by using Composer or Netscape Gold, which
are fondly known as WYSIWYG (pronounced "wisee-wig") web page editors.
14) Describe in a sentence what a WYSIWYG web page editor is.
15) Name the title of the page being shown below?
Need the answers? Find them here.
George Cassutto's Cyberlearning World: http://www.cyberlearning-world.com
[Lesson Plan of the Day] [Cassutto Memorial] [About the Author] [Search][Civics Lesson Plans]