1) Who is Daniel Shays? And how was he involved with the rebellion?
2) How was the rebellion stopped?
3) Where did this rebellion take place?
4) When did this rebellion take place?
5) How many armed farmers were with Shay when her stormed the court house in Springfield? And how many troops were they confronted with?
1) answer- Daniel Shays was a veteran of the Revolution who led the rebellion who wanted the state government to make reforms and issue paper money to help pay their taxes and debts.
The rebels were stopped by the state militia who was led by General Shepard.
In Springfield, Massachusetts.
4) answer- January 25, 1787.
5) answer- 600
armed farmers and 4,400 troops.
George Cassutto's Cyberlearning World
[Lesson Plan of the Day] [Cassutto Memorial] [About the Author] [Search] [Civics Lesson Plans]