Alaska and Hawaii Quiz
1) From which nation was Alaska purchased for $7.2million in 1869 by William Seward?
2) What type of government existed in Hawaii before it was annexed by the United States in 1898?
3) By what means is oil transported from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez, Alaska?
4) Which political party has dominated Hawaiian politics since the early 1960s?
5) Which body of water was crossed by the first Native Americans as they made their journey from Asia into North America by way of Alaska?
6) Name the event that brought the United States into the Second World War on December 7, 1941.
7) What economic activity is Hawaii's greatest source of income for the state?
8) What was the name given to the gold rush that brought settlers to the Alaska area in the late 1800s.
9) Name the 49th and 50th states to enter the Union in order.
10) Name one agricultural product of either Alaska or Hawaii.
Answers can be found here.
To The "On The Road Page"
To The Interdisciplinary Units Page
Lesson Plan of the Day
About the Author
Civics Lesson Plans