1) From which nation was Alaska purchased for $7.2million in 1869 by William Seward?
2) What type of government existed in Hawaii before it was annexed by the United States in 1898?
3) By what means is oil transported from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez, Alaska?
Answer: Trans-Alaska Pipeline
4) Which political party has dominated Hawaiian politics since the early 1960s?
5) Which body of water was crossed by the first Native Americans as they made their journey from Asia into North America by way of Alaska?
Answer: Bering Strait
6) Name the event that brought the United States into the Second World War on December 7, 1941.
Answer: The bombing of Pearl Harbor
7) What economic activity is Hawaii's greatest source of income for the state?
8) What was the name given to the gold rush that brought settlers to the Alaska area in the late 1800s.
Answer: The Klondike Rush
9) Name the 49th and 50th states to enter the Union in order.
Answer: Alaska and Hawaii
10) Name one agricultural product of either Alaska or Hawaii.
Answer: Fish and lumber (AK), Pineapple and sugar (HA)