Use the map to complete questions 1-10.
11) Name the river that acts as a border between Vermont and New Hampshire.
12) Name the capital of Rhode Island.
13) A: List the two democratic senators who represent the state of Massachusetts.
14) Name one important service industry that is based in Connecticut.
15) Which of the New England states was the first to enter the Union after the 13 original colonies ratified the US federal Constitution?
16) One of the New England states was admitted to the Union as a free state in 1820 to balance Missouri's admission as a slave state. Which was it?
17) Which former Connecticut senator is known for the federal college financial aid program he developed?
18) List a major environmental concern of states like Maine, whose economy is built on the timber and lumber industries.
19) Which state is often known as the Granite state and is the first in the country to hold primary elections?
20) Name the peninsula that stretches out along the Massachusetts coastline?
21) Which environmental problem faced by New England is caused by factories and cars that pollute the air and then has a negative effect on the water supply and marine life? Hint: Our neighbor Canada gets most of the results of this problem.
Easy Extra Credit 1) Name a US Representative of Rhode Island who comes from a famous Massachusetts family.
Hard Extra Credit 2) Name the state that was an independent republic from 1777 until its admission into the Union in 1791.